- Susan Lee Woodward
Dr. Wayne Dyer - Rest In Peace
Updated: Dec 4, 2020
Dr. Wayne Dyer - A New Adventure Begins – Rest In Peace
I had the honour of meeting and chatting with Dr. Wayne Dyer at the Hay House Writers Conference in Maui this past June. I was beside myself excited to shake his hand and basque in the incredible energy that eveloped the room for this 3-day workshop. He was charming, funny, witty, and most of all, inspirational with love and compassion by living what he extolled.
Hats off to you for making the world a brighter place for simply having been part of it. From foster homes to our homes, you made such a positive difference in the lives of literally millions of people. You helped many find hope where there was despair, self-love when the world was harsh, and a new perspective on life when options were scarce. You will shine on in my heart as the most glorious “scurvy elephant” I have ever met. I am so very blessed and grateful that you did not die with your music inside you.
I will do my best to carry the torch, share my gifts, and light up the world as you did with your kind and generous spirit. What a pleasure to have a conversation where you treated me like we were long lost friends. I guess in a way, we were.
To honour and celebrate the passing of Wayne, I offer my favourite quotes from his many published works.
- Go for it now. The future is promised to no one.
- When you dance, your purpose is not to get to a certain place on the floor. It's to enjoy each step along the way.
- If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.
- Begin to see yourself as a soul with a body rather than a body with a soul.
- The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.
- When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself.
- Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal. Live this day as if it were your last. The past is over and gone. The future is not guaranteed.
- How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.
- It’s never crowded along the extra mile.
- I would rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I’m not.
From the Wayne Dyer Facebook Page.
Wayne has left his body, passing away through the night. He always said he couldn't wait for this next adventure to begin and had no fear of dying. Our hearts are broken, but we smile to think of how much our scurvy elephant will enjoy the other side.
We Love You Forever Dad/Wayne
© Susan Lee Woodward - This article in its entirety is protected by Canadian and International copyright laws. Reproduction of this written content without written permission of the author is prohibited.